There are new changes in US Postal Service regulations.
- Non-profit weight maximum is 16 oz.
- Standard bulk flats max weight is 3.3 oz. or less
- JET MAIL: Please use standardized label for all JET MAIL
MAIL SCHEDULE DEADLINE
Mail to be postmarked by a deadline date must be picked up per the following schedule:
- MAIL PROCESSED TO POST OFFICE MUST BE READY FOR PICK UP ON DAILY MAIL RUN:
- MONDAY FOR TUESDAY POST MARK
- TUESDAY FOR WEDNESDAY POST MARK
- WEDNESDAY FOR THURSDAY POST MARK
- THURSDAY FOR FRIDAY POST MARK
- FRIDAY FOR MONDAY POST MARK
Any piece of standard mail not generated by the district, i.e., insurance forms, school picture promotions, vendor specific material may not be included in a non-profit mailing.
ALL BULK MAILINGS NEED TO BE READY FOR PICK UP TWO DAYS IN ADVANCE- All sites, or departments, are responsible to prepare bulk mailings, or utilize a mail service. Once your packets are labeled and ready, there are US Post Office guidelines (which are updated frequently) to prepare for bulk mailings. If bulk mail is not prepared to the standards, the mailing will be rejected at the post office and sent back to the school, or department, to be corrected which can result in a delay in the delivery of your mailings or registration packets.
- Total weight per packet envelope: not to exceed 15.998 oz.
- Total thickness per packet envelope: not to exceed ¾ “ thick
- Registration packet envelope information cannot include any information not issued by the district, i.e., after school programs, YMCA, Boy Scouts, Girl Scouts, Cheerleading, etc.
- The Post Office has the right to do random inspections and open packets to review contents
- Labels must be applied to the right hand side of the envelope, not to the center.