Curriculum frameworks provide guidance for implementing the standards adopted by the California Board of Education. Frameworks are "blueprints" for implementing the content standards for students in Kindergarten through Grade 12. More specifically, frameworks:
- organizes a body of knowledge that students need to learn during their K-12 years.
- created to illuminate methods to be used to extend specific content.
- elaborate on standards and describe the curriculum, instruction and assessment necessary to help students.
- provide a coherent, effective and efficient program of instruction.
Curriculum frameworks are essential resources that "reflects guidance, comments and thoughts" from scholars, curriculum experts and classroom teachers to ensure that all students receive world-class instruction.
All Curriculum Frameworks
- Career Technical Education Framework (PDF; 9.8MB; 484pp.)
- Foreign Language Framework (PDF; 2.6MB; 73pp.)
- Health Framework (PDF; 2MB; 264pp.)
- History-Social Science Framework (PDF; 3MB; 249pp.)
- Mathematics Framework (PDF; 4MB; 411pp.)
Also broken-out into multiple files for easier printing.
- Physical Education Framework (PDF; 4MB; 342pp.)
- Reading/Language Arts (PDF; 6.9MB; 386pp.)
- Science Framework (PDF; 6.3MB, 313pp.)
- Visual and Performing Arts Framework (PDF; 4.1MB, 294pp.)
Common Core Standrds 2 by W. Cook (Dec. 2010)