2012-2013 Open Enrollment Period is closed.
The Open Enrollment period allows employees to make changes to their existing insurance. If you are not making any changes, your current selections will continue into the new plan year.
An enrollment form is necessary for those that are:
- Enrolling for the first time (subsequent to the intial enrollment period for new hires)
- Making changes to their existing health insurance
- Adding/deleting dependents
- Enrolling in the Medical Opt-Out Program
- Participating in the Section 125 Cafeteria Plan
Please note: Employees who were previously enrolled in the Opt-Out Program or the Section 125 Cafeteria Plan , will need to fill out a new enrollment form to re-enroll, it will not automatically continue into the new plan year.
Open Enrollment changes and their respective effective dates:
- Enrolling for the first time, January 1 of the following year
- Changes to existing health insurance, January 1 of the following year
- Adding dependents, January 1 of the following year
- Deleting dependents, first of the following month
- Enrolling in the Medical Opt-Out Program, October 1 of the current year
- Participating in the Section 125 Cafeteria Plan, October 1 of the current year
CalPERS Health Plan Statements
- The CalPERS Open Enrollment Period is not applicable to West Covina Unified School District.
- CalPERS recently sent a Health Plan Statement to all members participating in our medical plans. Review this statement to verify that you and your eligible dependents are enrolled in the correct medical plan. Keep in mind that the District Open Enrollment closes earlier than the CalPERS Open Enrollment. In order to process a payroll deduction for your plan on a tenthly basis, all changes must be received by September 14, 2012.
- No action is needed if you do not want to make any changes to your medical plan.